Fix Outlook 2007 tiny text in e-mails
My wife recently somehow unwillingly (probably by pressing some shortcut key on the keyboard) managed to make her Outlook 2007 e-mail editing window show tiny unreadable text. She couldn’t get it fixed even after closing and restarting Outlook or rebooting the machine and was quite desperate, so she brought her laptop home to me to fix.
The fix proved to be quite easy, but not that easy to find since one would expect it to be somewhere in Outlook settings. Instead to fix the issue you have to:
- Open an existing or new e-mail
- Select "Format Text" tab of the ribbon bar
- Click inside the e-mail text to enable the "Zoom" button on the ribbon (wonder why one should have to do that step)
- Press the (now enabled) Zoom button
- Change "Zoom to" setting to "100%"
- Press OK button to close the Zoom dialog