Home > Uncategorized > “Quarantine Failed” message by Windows Live OneCare antivirus
“Quarantine Failed” message by Windows Live OneCare antivirus
Some useful suggestion from MS support in case you get "Quarantine Failed" for some computer infection when using Windows Live OneCare antivirus/antitrojan (they have a trial version you can use btw):
This issue can be caused by some core system components have been infected. Follow the steps below to try removing the Trojan in safe mode:
Step 1: Boot in Safe Mode
1. Restart your computer.
2. When the computer completes the "Power on Self-Test" (usually this appears as a black screen with scrolling text commands), hold down the F8 key until you see the Windows Startup menu.
3. On the Windows Startup menu, select Safe Mode (use the arrow pad on your keyboard), and then press ENTER.
NOTE: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. To return the system back to Normal Mode, we can simply restart the computer.
Step 2: Scan for viruses
1. Click Start, click Run, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Type the following command and press ENTER:
CD /D %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live
3. Type the following command and press ENTER:
SafeModeAVScanner –s –h
4. The program will begin to perform a full system virus scan, when it is finished, please restart your computer.
Categories: Uncategorized Computers